It has been some time since I have last made an appearance on here, but here we are. It is the middle of September, and we survived the onslaught of August!
Here is a quick run down of what has transpired over the past 9 weeks.....
- We hosted a provincial and a national golf championship
- We battled through extreme wet, dry and windy conditions for periods of time
- We have been battling the weeds in the fescue as we never have been before
- All of the green side traps were edged, and audited for sand, with some drainage being addressed
- We have been diligently working on a bunker master plan - for all 90 something of them...
- We have had help from quite a few dedicated members and residents, whom were instrumental during the month of August in helping us reach our goals
And to put this as bluntly, and with as much humility as possible....
The course has played, looked and performed as well as we could have ever hoped. The Turf Crew were outstanding in their efforts over the past couple of months, and their passion and dedication showed. The gardens were fantastic, the bunkers have been as good as we could have hoped, the irrigation system has operated as seamlessly as it ever has, and we were just plain and simply put; tidy.
It was a big team effort from the top down, and I am thankful for the crew that we have. They are quick to jump in and help at all hours of the day, and for as many days straight as needed.
Thank you guys.
So where do we go from here? Being that it is already the middle of September, our time in the 2015 season is coming to an end. We still have many items on our to-do lists, but only so many hands on deck left to help. Aeration of every playing surface needs to take place, preparing the turf surfaces, irrigation system and equipment for winter must also occur. As I had mentioned, we are fully engulfed in completing a bunker master plan, with the hopes of completing a test plot or two this fall. Weed control will also carry on, as we continue the never-ending battle of fescue maintenance.
Needless to say, we are still busy...
I will make an attempt to keep you informed a little more regularly as the months roll on. (If you're counting how many times I have said that on this blog before, please stop....I know....)
Thank you to all who have stopped us on the course, and expressed your gratitude. It has been nice for everyone here in the Turf Department to hear it straight from you, and it is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Thanks for reading,