Simple mowing of every surface but our putting greens has been a challenge - although, getting around the property on a three-wheeled unit with slicks on it has been no piece of cake either.
Had we kept track of the number of times our machinery has been stuck this spring, well, it would've been sickening.
But there comes a point when we must move forward. Be it labour and scheduling issues or simply the fact that the grass continues to grow at a rapid pace, we still have to make an effort to keep the place in check....even if it looks like this when we are done....
It's tough to have pride in your work when these are the results, despite knowing that there isn't a thing that we can do about the weather. It truly is, what it is.
Making it even more difficult is seeing the "to-do" list accumulate. To give you a bit of an idea of what we haven't been able to accomplish, here is a brief glimpse of what has been delayed:
- Pre-emergent crabgrass control
- Broadleaf weed control
- Cleanup up of the creek spoils (somehow our contractor graded the majority of it between rainfalls)
- Portable toilet servicing
- Cutting of the grass along Lakeshore Road
- Filled in bunker grading (plans to hydroseed ASAP)
- Weed control in all landscaped/stone areas
- Continued work on the fairway at #10 (addressing the settling that occurred)
The list keeps growing only further delaying the answers to the questions we hear most often, of "when will ____ be done".
The answer is, it will....when we can finally do what we need to do.
Thanks for reading.